The term omni lesbian may be used for a variety of reasons.
- being varioriented/variangled/using the split attraction model. It may apply to someone who is omnisexual homoromantic, homosexual omniromantic, or someone who experiences omni and/or lesbian tertiary attraction.
- Omni-Lesbian may be used by individuals who identify as both omnisexual and lesbian due to abrosexuality, aka changing attraction.
- Omni-Lesbian may be used by an omnisexual/omniromantic individual who prefers non-men.
- Omni-Lesbian may also be used by someone who uses lesbian as an umbrella term.
- Identifying as omni-lesbian due being part of a plural system, such as having a different sexuality when fronting, or being in a median system where one member somewhat experiences their headmate(s)' attraction(s).