Some examples of why a person might use this label are below
- If someone can feel sexual arousal only when watching or reading fictional content
- If someone is sex-repulsed when encountering sexual situations in person but are excited by them if they are fictional
- If someone feels attraction to fictional characters but don't want to/doesn't feel comfortable using the label of fictosexual
- If someone experiences MADD or immersive daydreaming and feel this affects your sexuality (malasexual)
- If someone feels like fiction changes how they feel about sex
Telesexual is a relatively new term, being coined on October 23, 2021 by Red of the Sciurus System (Arlosfork). The origins of the term were on Discord.
The telesexual flag was made by Red of the Sciurus System (Arlosfork). The blue symbolizes the unique connection and togetherness between fiction and telesexuals. The white and grey represent how fiction is disconnected from us and reality. The purple represents telesexuals and the real world around them, separate from fiction.