Quoiflux is a mixture of "quoi-" and "-flux", wherein the individual feels like they are on the aromantic or asexual spectrum, but their feelings are hard to pin down and determine and may be influenced by their mood or the day. They may feel they fluctuate between labels, like "-flux", but cannot always describe their feelings or say what labels they are. Quoiflux individuals may also feel like they simultaneously identify with multiple labels with varying levels of intensity. This can fluctuate rather quickly, sometimes with multiple labels feeling right in one day. These terms include grey- (ex. grey aroace) and demi- (ex. demispike) labels, as someone who is quoiflux can experience romantic or sexual attraction at some point, just like with these two identities.
Quoiflux can be used for any type of attraction. The term can be used on its own or with the orientation type (i.e. quoifluxromantic) and/or with the gender(s) they are attracted to (i.e. homoquoiflux/quoifluxhomo).
History and Flag
- Green - Taken from the aromantic flag. Represents aromantic people, either on the spectrum or who are aromantic and quoiflux.
- Teal - Represents fluctuating aro-spec feelings and identities.
- Blue - Taken from the "quoi-" flag. Represents the uncertainty of one's feelings.
- Indigo - Represents fluctuating ace-spec feelings and identities.
- Purple - Taken from the asexual flag. Represents asexual people, either on the spectrum or who are asexual and quoiflux.