Greyplatonic or Greyaplatonic, also spelled as Grayplatonic or Grayaplatonic, is a platonic orientation on the aplatonic spectrum which describes those who relate with aplatonicism, yet feel like there are parts of their experiences that aren't fully described by the word aplatonic.
A common reason why someone identifies as greyplatonic is that they experience platonic attraction but very infrequently. Some greyplatonic people may only feel platonic attraction once or twice in their life. Others may experience it more frequently, but still not as frequently as alloplatonic people.
Some greyplatonic experiences include:
- Experiencing platonic attraction infrequently
- Experience platonic attraction very weakly
- Feeling platonic attraction but not desiring a platonic relationship
- Feeling unsure about how to identify platonic attraction or how to draw the line between platonic and non-platonic, and consequently feeling unsure about having experienced it or not
- Experiencing attraction that is only ambiguously platonic
- Feeling alienated from platonic love or friendships
- Feeling attraction only in specific circumstances
- Finding aplatonicism a useful idea, even if it isn't a perfect fit
Greyplatonic can be an orientation on its own or it can be combined with other platonic orientations. For example, one could be greyplatonic and panplatonic (grey-panplatonic), meaning that one rarely experiences platonic attraction, but when they do it's for everyone regardless of gender.
Greyplatonic is also sometimes used as an umbrella term for any apl-spec identity that is not purely aplatonic, including demiplatonic and others.
The creator of the greyplatonic flag is unknown, but it was based on the layout of the greysexual flag. It uses the colors of blue, green, and pale yellow instead of purple, grey, and white to represent aplatonicism.
The second and third flags were made by pride-color-schemes on Tumblr . The second flag seems to be the flipped version of the aromantic flag, but colored yellow to represent aplatonicism. The third flag is based on the greysexual flag, but with yellow instead of purple. It is unknown if the flags have any further meaning.