Variamory or varigamy is an umbrella term for any relationship orientation that does not conform or fit into societal ideals of relationships (such as monogamy and monofidelity) however it can also include forms of monogamy as well. Some examples include...
- A monogamous relationship between two individuals of the same gender.
- Someone who has a relationship with a non-binary or anonbinary individual.
- An ethically non-monogamous relationship.
- Anyone who is involved in relationship anarchy.
- Any individuals in a wavership.
- Any relationship with untypical attraction, such as a queerplatonic or soft romo relationship.
- A self-partnered individual.
- Any individual in a system partnership.
- A non-partnering individual.
Variamorous was coined by Tumblr user variant-archive on or before November 21st of 2019.
The flag was coined by Tumblr user beyond-mogai-pride-flags on November 21st of 2019. It has no confirmed meaning.