Quoiattraction, also known as whatattraction, WTFattraction, or panquoi, is a term used to describe one who is questioning their attraction, or is very confused about it. It is the general attraction version of quoiromantic. Quoiattractional experiences include:
- When one uses "quoi" labels to describe many or all types of attraction (for example, a quoisexual quoiromantic quoiaesthetic quoialterous individual).
- When one cannot tell if they experience attraction or not.
- When one has difficuity differentiating between many or all types of attraction (someone who experiences this may also use the term nebulous attraction to describe their attraction).
- When one finds the concept of attraction to be inaccessible or nonsensical.
- When one knows they experience attraction, but are unsure of what type of attraction it is.
- When one has been questioning many or all orientations, and the questioning becomes a large part of the identities rather than paths to more stable identities.
One does not have to have experienced all of these to identify with quoiattraction.
To introduce oneself as identifying with this term, one should say "I identify with quoiattraction", "I experience quoiattraction" or "I am quoiattractional" instead of "I am quoiattraction", as quoiattraction is a label used to describe one's experience with attraction, rather than an orientation or sexuality itself.
Quoiattraction can be combined with orientations, for example, one can be quoiattractional and gay if they think they experience attraction to the same/similar genders, but still relate to some or all of the experiences listed above.
Quoiattractional individuals may not be able to differentiate between all types of attraction (similar to nebulous attraction), or they may be able to distinguish between different classes/groups of attraction (such as physical attraction and emotional attraction). For example, one may be able to differentiate between sexual and platonic attraction, as they fall under different groups of attraction, but one may not be able to differentiate between queerplatonic and alterous attraction, as they fall under the same group of attraction. Quoiattractional individuals may choose to label their attraction as a "blob", similar to how individuals who experience nebulous attraction do.
A quoiattractional crush can be called a quash. Quashes can be described as "I think I am attracted to this individual, but I'm unsure, and I cannot tell what type of attraction it is."
This term was coined by FANDOM user ThatAnnoyingDemigirl (now ChaoticAroace) on the 23rd of June, 2021. The term "quash" was coined by the same user on the 4th of July 2021.
The flag was made by FANDOM user ThatAnnoyingDemigirl (now ChaoticAroace) on the 25th of June 2021. The purple and green represent the asexual and aromatic spectrums. The black represents a lack of attraction. The grey represents confusion and questioning. The red represents attraction and love. The question mark represents unsureness and confusion.
The prefix quoi means "what" in French.