Quoialterous experiences may include:
- Being unsure what alterous attraction is, and therefore being unsure if one has experienced it or not.
- Finding the concept of alterous attraction to be inaccessible, inapplicable, or nonsensical.
- Being unable to understand alterous attraction as a concept or feeling.
- Disidentifying with the concept of alterous attraction - either as a social construct or as something potentially applicable to oneself.
- Questioning whether or not one is alterous for such a long time that the questioning itself becomes the identity, rather than a path toward any other more stable identity.
- Being unable to distinguish between alterous attraction and other forms of attraction.
This term is most often used by a-spec individuals, though anyone can use it.
The term quoialterous was coined as late as September, 2020. However, it may have been used before then. The original coiner of the term is unknown.
The flag was created by an anonymous wiki user on October 19, 2020. It is based on the quoisexual and alterous flags.