Quendu (pronounced que-en-du) is the elfkin equivalent to male.
This term is an exclusive way for elfkin to express their gender in a purely elfkin way, despite their gender expression being recognised as a human male/masculine gender.
Quendu can be used by any elfkin as long as they relate to the human identity of "male" or "masculine" while experiencing it in a purely elfkin way.
Quendu was coined by user RegardlessThyme2 on August 25th,2022 after hīe began to explore heom elven identity and had a hard time identifying with any existing elfkin genders. Hīe also felt a relation to the human idea of "male" but wanted something that expressed that in an elven way.
The flag was made on the same day by the same user.
The flag is a recolored elfkin flag, representing it's exclusivity to elfkin. The meanings are as follows:
- The darkest blue represents pure masculinity/maleness.
- The lighter blue represents a mixture masculine and neutral but leaning more towards masculine.
- The white represents transgender, non-binary, gnc, cisn't, and cis elfkin, who despite their human gender identify as Quendu.
- The star in the middle of the flag is the elven star to represent elfkin.
- The green in the star represents elfkin's ties to nature.
- The blue in the star represents elfkin's ties to nature.
- The lighter green represents a mixture of neutral and masculine but leaning more towards neutral.
- The dark green represents pure neutrality/agender elfkin.
The word quendu is elven for elvish man or male elf.