Paraboy, also known as paramasculine or paraguy, is the male subset of paragender. Paramasculine individuals identify mostly as a boy/man, but not entirely. The male portion takes up 51-99% of their gender. The other 1-49% can be any gender or combination of genders, but the most commonly reported is agender. Paraboy is similar to demiboy, but it is more specific as with paraboy the boy part outweighs any other gender(s).
Paraboyflux, or paramanflux, is similar to demiboyflux. At one's most male one feels like a paraboy. At one's least male one may experience other genders.The female counterpart is paragirlflux. The non-binary counterpart is paranonbinaryflux.
The term "paragender" was coined by Tumblr user queerspike sometime around July 10, 2014, but presumably before. The paraboy flag was created by the Tumblr blog Pridearchive on July 24, 2014. Another flag was created by user strbwryfemme.
- Grey represents partial gender.
- White represents a lack of gender.
- Blue represents masculinity.
- Purple is close to blue on the color wheel, representing the "near-ness" of paraboy.
The flag by vian is dark blue, blue-grey, white-blue and blue:
- Dark blue for genderlessness.
- Blue-grey for masculinity.
- White-blue for connection to other genders.
- Blue for connection to the male gender.