Examples of people with gender identities who might use the label iolitian include:
- Individuals who are genderfluid between female-aligned, male-aligned, and non-binary genders
- Trigender or multigender people who are female-aligned, male-aligned, and non-binary aligned simultaneously
- Non-binary people that consider themself aligned with all genders
Examples of ways people might use iolitian to describe their experiences with attraction include:
- An iolitian might only be attracted to non-binary and female-aligned people
- An iolitian might be attracted to genders that aren't non-binary or female-aligned in nature, but prioritize their attraction to non-binary and female-aligned people
The iolitian flag was designed by an anonymous user on August 2, 2018. The colors of the flag were based on the gemstone iolite, which is a variety of the mineral cordierite.
The alternate iolitian flag was designed by FANDOM user Asayae on July 7, 2021. The meaning is as follows:
- The first blue stripe represents male-aligned genders
- The middle purple stripe represents non-binary aligned genders
- The last pink stripe represents female-aligned genders
- The heart emblem represents attraction to non-binary people while the flower represents additional attraction to female-aligned people.