Incognosexual, incognisexual or susexual is a sexuality in which an individual feels an attraction towards people with an unknown identity to the person or who is using a fake identity. This may include users met online or people with clothing concealing their identity. An incognosexual person will typically be asexual towards those whose identity is known.
Incognosexuality was first conceptualized on the 25th of January 2021 by Fandom user Crocintheroad.
The flag was created on 25th of January at the same time the sexuality was conceptualized. The colours represent various aspects of the sexuality:
- The red circle in the center of the flag represents the person's real identity.
- The lilac stripe has connotations of mystery and is placed at the top as it is the foremost aspect of incognosexuality.
- The white stripe represents innocence (or lack thereof).
- The grey stripe stands for the unknown behind the identity of the individual.
- The red stripe represents the romantic attraction.
The term 'Incognosexual' or 'Incognisexual' is derived from the Latin term Incognita meaning 'Unknown', in reference to the concealed identity of the attractant. Other names for the sexuality, such as 'Susexual' derived from Suspectum Sexualem, also have their origins in Latin; Suspectum meaning 'Suspicious', again in regards to ambiguous identification.