The first example of this is someone whose kintype is a gender. This is often considered a form of conceptkin, as gender and gender roles are all concepts in of themselves.
The second example would be someone who is kin to a person that has a strong gendered experience. For example, being kin to a woman who is involved in feminist movements, and thus feeling womanhood is intertwined with their kin experiences.
The third example of this would be someone who is kin with someone of a gender, without that someone being specific. For example, someone may be kin to a man, but not know who this man is, what this man's name or appearance is, what this man has experienced in their lifetime, etc. All they know is that their kintype is a man, regardless of whether they are a man in their current lifetime.
Terms under the genderkin umbrella include (but are not limited to):
- Womankin: someone who is kin to women, a woman, and/or womanhood.
- Mankin: someone who is kin to men, a man, and/or manhood.
- Enbykin (nonbinarykin): someone who is kin to enbies, an enby, and/or nonbinaryhood.
- Outherinekin: someone who is kin to outherine people, an outherine person, and/or outherinehood.
- Xeninekin/xenickin: someone who is kin to xenine people, a xenic person, and/or xenichood.
The terms womankin and mankin were coined by Tumblr user kin-flags on June 7th of 2021. The terms enbykin, outherinekin, and xenickin were coined by Angel from Cryptocrew's system on July 15th of 2021.
The womankin and mankin flags were coined by Tumblr user kin-flags on June 7th of 2021. Both have no confirmed meaning.