Friendship Stances are interaction stance terms describing an individual’s feelings towards platonic interaction. This can include feelings towards friendship, towards other platonic activities, or towards platonic interaction as a concept. These terms are commonly used by aplatonic spectrum individuals, but are not exclusive to this community or platonic orientation.
Commonly used platonic stances include the following:
- Friendship-Favorable - One feels favorable towards or enjoys platonic interaction.
- Friendship-Indifferent - One has no strong feelings regarding platonic interaction.
- Friendship-Repulsed - One feels repulsed by platonic interaction.
- Friendship-Averse - One feels repulsed by the idea of personally engaging in platonic interaction.
- Friendship-Ambivalent - One has mixed or complicated feelings regarding platonic interaction.
- Friendship-Oscillating - One’s feelings towards platonic interaction change or fluctuate over time.
- Friendship-Drained - One feels repulsed by platonic interaction due to trauma or exhaustion.
This term was coined by AnonymousHermitCrab on the subreddit r/asexuality on April 27th, 2022.