Friendship Stances are interaction stance terms describing an individual’s feelings towards platonic interaction. This can include feelings towards friendship, towards other platonic activities, or towards platonic interaction as a concept. These terms are commonly used by aplatonic spectrum individuals, but are not exclusive to this community or platonic orientation.
Commonly used platonic stances include the following:
- Friendship-Favorable - One feels favorable towards or enjoys platonic interaction.
- Friendship-Indifferent - One has no strong feelings regarding platonic interaction.
- Friendship-Repulsed - One feels repulsed by platonic interaction.
- Friendship-Averse - One feels repulsed by the idea of personally engaging in platonic interaction.
- Friendship-Ambivalent - One has mixed or complicated feelings regarding platonic interaction.
- Friendship-Oscillating - One’s feelings towards platonic interaction change or fluctuate over time.
- Friendship-Drained - One feels repulsed by platonic interaction due to trauma or exhaustion.
The romantic interaction equivalent is romance stances. The sexual interaction equivalent is sex stances. The sensual interaction equivalent is touch stances. The orgasmic activity equivalent is orgasm stances.
This term was coined by AnonymousHermitCrab on the subreddit r/asexuality on April 27th, 2022.