- Fluctuating between agamous and monogamous.
- Not desiring a relationship, but being okay with being in one.
- Questioning whether one is agamous or monogamous.
- Not feeling fully committed to a relationship, but more committed than an afidelitous individual would be.
- Being agamous for one type of relationship, but monogamous for another type. For example, being agamous towards romantic relationships but monogamous towards queerplatonic relationships.
- Being a-spec, which results in one not feeling normal attraction to one's partner.
- Any other circumstances which result in one being in between agamous and monogamous.
Demiamorous is similar to, but not the same as, demifidelity.
This term was coined by FANDOM user ThatAnnoyingDemigirl (now ChaoticAroace) on the 17th of August, 2021, to help describe their headmate Owen's experience. The term was coined on this page and has no external resources.
The flag was designed by FANDOM user Foreigntoolmaker on August 17, 2021. The grey represents the "grey area" between agamous and monogamous. The red represents attraction, relationships, and questioning. The black represents a-spec identities.
The prefix demi- means half, and the suffix -amorous is used in labels for how many individuals one desires to be in a relationship with.