Curvusexual (prounounced “kur-vus-exual.”) is defined by a somewhat complicated horseshoe like attraction. This refers to one's attraction to individuals who are close to them, and attraction to individuals that one doesn't know, but one struggles with attraction to those in the middle. It is also defined by attraction to more than one gender, but in a flexible way as aforementioned. This could be all gender identities, or just two. Individuals who are curvusexual may have a hard time understanding their attraction.
The term is derived from “curve”, referring to a horseshoe.
- Orange- attraction to individuals one is close to
- Yellow- attraction to one's own gender
- Dusty blue- the intensity and fluctuation of attraction when it comes to how close someone is, what gender they are, etc
- Light purple- attraction to other genders
- Purple- attraction to individuals one doesn’t know
This term was coined by Tumblr user jxices on 30th January, 2020. The flags were created the same day.