Circa-binary, also called proximal identities, describes a group of non-binary genders and gender expressions that are similar to, or derived from, the binary genders, but are not the same as the binary genders. These genders are mainly based on proxvir and juxera.
Non-binary proximal identities have five main categories: masculinity, femininity, epicenity, androgyny and genderlessness. Any one of the first four (masculine, feminine, epicene, and androgyne) can be "approached" from the direction of any of the other three, as demonstrated in the diagrams. The identities describe how "close" one is to any given identity. The diagrams do not include genderlessness, as genderlessness can be combined with any of the resulting identities.
- Proxvir: Near male, but not the same as a man. It can be approached from femininity, androgyny, or epicenity.
- Juxera: Near female, but not the same as a woman. It can be approached from masculinity, androgyny, or epicenity.
- Proxangi: Near androgyne. It can be approached from masculinity, femininity, or epicenity.
- Juxtaneu: Near epicene. It can be approached from masculinity, femininity, or androgyny.
The above genders are flavored by the alignment that they approach from. As a result, the aforementioned identities can mean different things to different people. For example, a juxera approaching from masculinity may experience their gender differently than a juxura approaching from epicenity. As of right now, there are no specific terms to differentiate between these different flavors.
In Between Genders:
These are forms of centrigender.
- Androx: In between male and androgyne.
- Gynx: In between female and androgyne.
- Femache: In between female and male.
- Neutremme: In between female and epicene.
- Neutromme: In between male and epicene.
- Neutrangi: In between epicene and androgyne.
- Nixvir: Genderless and masculine-aligned.
- Nixera: Genderless and feminine-aligned.
- Nixangi: Genderless and androgynyous-aligned.
- Epinixene: Genderless and epicene.
- Nijuxera: Genderless and juxera.
- Pronixvir: Genderless and proxvir.
- Nixavire: Genderless and femache-aligned.
A gender that is composed of genderless and aligned aspects simultaneously is known as nixic.
Visual guide to circa-binary identities (part 2: nixic identities)