Not to be confused with Brisgender.
A gender identity classified as being shattered, broken or otherwise destroyed.
Those who identify as bristean may feel like their gender identity has been broken or damaged, enough to stay intact at the very least without being recognizable.
History and Flag
The term was coined on May 26, 2021 by FANDOM user HousesAreScary. The flag was made by said user on the same date.
- The light purple stripe at the top represents the damage to this gender.
- The dark indigo stripe under it represents the intactness of this identity.
- The dark purple stripe represents the confusion of the gender.
- The darker purple stripe represents the unknown “before” of such identity.
- The dark blue stripe represents the identity itself.
- The crack through the middle represents the state of being broken.
The name bristean comes from the Irish word “briste,” meaning “broken.”