Adgender is a gender modality that refers to someone who moves towards a given gender, or gender presentation. It is slightly more inclusive than terms like transmasculine and transfeminine as it includes those who would not be included under the trans umbrella. Examples include:
- An AFAB bigender individual who has been on testosterone and now needs to do the same things as transfeminine individuals to pass on days where they feel like a girl. This individual would be adfeminine.
- A male member of a plural system who has to dress the body of the cis woman host when they front in order to feel themself would be admasculine.
- A cis man with Kallmann syndrome who chooses to take testosterone might consider themself admasculine.
- An AFAB non-binary femme might call themself adfeminine because they feel like they're transitioning into a different kind of femininity than the heteronormative role they were assigned at birth.
- A butch woman who transitions but wants to avoid the connotations of transmasculine might feel more comfortable calling themself admasculine.
- A female headmate in a system who, in world, is transfeminine but the host is an AFAB body.
- An intersex individual who has undergone medical intervention but doesn't consider themself trans might consider themself adgender.
- A trans woman would be adfeminine and transfeminine, because in this case adfeminine is an umbrella term that transfeminine falls under.
- Adfeminine - Someone who moves towards a feminine gender or feminine presentation.
- Admasculine - Someone who moves towards a masculine gender or masculine presentation.
- Adneutral - Someone who moves towards a neutral gender or neutral presentation.
- Adandrogynous - Someone who moves towards an androgynous gender or androgynous presentation.
- Adfemmasculine (Adfemasc or Admascfem) - Someone who is both Adfeminine and Admasculine.
- Adnull - Someone who moves towards a null gender or null-gender presentation.
- Adandrogymasculine (or Adandromasc) - Someone who is both Admasculine and Adandrogynous
Adgender, Adfeminine, and Admasculine were coined by Queer-Buccaneers on June 22, 2018. Adfemmasculine was coined on Jan 26th, 2019 by beyond-mogai-pride-flags. Adnull was coined on August 22nd, 2021 by beyond-mogai-pride-flags.
The adfeminine, admasculine, and adneutral flags were created by Wiki user Celestialsofia on July 22, 2021.
The adandrogynous flag was created by Wiki user TheMagisttrate on August 17, 2021.
The Adfemasc or Admascfem flag was created on December 31, 2021 by tumblr user adorable-abomination.
The alternate Adgender flags were created by tumblr user kenochoric on December 25, 2021.
The Adnull flag was made by beyond-mogai-pride-flags on August 22nd, 2021.